Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Alright alright...

.... stop what you're doin'
'cause we're about to ruin
the image and the style
that your used to:
 
 
 My, that's a big... cylinder you have there

 We debated for a month on how we were going to cool the oil on the Ironhead-  it gets deathly hot and it's been 90-100 degrees here for the past month and a half.  The oil bag we made was only a 1.75 quart setup-  BAD for keeping the system cool!  So,  I decided on this 12"x3" heat sink aluminum cooler to sit where the horseshoe bag goes around the frame. 
 
I was worried when I built the bike that the 4" stretch hardtail would leave an ugly gap in front of the rear wheel.  problem solved!  And,  judging by the immense heat that eminates between my legs now it is doing its job! 

No comments:

Post a Comment